Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Learning some Urdu

My khala's daughter wanted me to tell her stories from the life of the Prophet (pbuh)... It was a hilarious affair, as I tried to come up with imaginative Urdu words as I narrated a few incidents.
'Merah baji, kaha thori kehte hein, Huzoor sallasallem ne farmaya...'
And Seeb had to interupt as usual, 'Merah baji, bohat maza aaya kya hota hai? Aap ko kehna chahihe woh baray luthf-andoz hoyein'..
Reading them stories from an Urdu book was disastrous too.. I was so slow that they got bored, and told me not to bother. Well.. I was only slow coz I was laughing so hard @ my reading...

7 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 10:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urdu aik shaista zuban hai. Insaan seekhnay ki koshish karay tau itna mushkil nahi seekhna. Aur seekhna baharhaal na seekhnay se behtar hai.

 
At 5/17/2006 10:47 a.m., Blogger Humairah Irfan said...

tum chup karo ^o)

 
At 5/17/2006 4:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to hear this - This new book mufti gave us - grammer book - is in urdu... >:)

 
At 5/17/2006 8:35 p.m., Blogger Humairah Irfan said...

whaaaat... another book??

 
At 5/17/2006 10:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 more actually.....2 on Sarf (not Surf) and one on Nahu :(

And we grabbed them for you too...(Jazaks to K-shan)

 
At 5/18/2006 12:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

surf se nahao? thought surf was laundry detergent :S

 
At 5/18/2006 8:20 a.m., Blogger Humairah Irfan said...

yeps, I had told her to save me all the books u guys get :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home