Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Exhausted

Serving 6 people is an ordeal enough, but 7 people and 3 kids...
Baba is crazy about fruits... Two days ago he took my brother @ 11pm and went to get fruits. And he got crates of 7-8 different fruits. So I decided to make my ginger mango smoothies- My parents really enjoy giving me feedback on anything new I try.... but it seemed as if making smoothies wouldn't end, after spending an hour making sandwiches. The poor blender.. by the end of it there was dripping juice everywhere and my hands were all sticky.
After cleaning up the mess everywhere, Seeb washed the dishes and glasses, I realised I hadnt had dinner... so I made a sandwich and sat down to eat.
And.. now I found myself back on baba's laptop. My laptop's not feeling well, hopefully Rizwan's able to cure it soon.
Is this all that women do? [The right answer is yes]. Once the cooking is done, start the cleaning, and once the cooking is done, start the cleaning. There's no sense of identity. They spend so much time doing this that there isnt much time for kids. The other day my friend was driving me somewhere and she said on a TV program she was watching, they calculated the amount of money housewives would make if they were paid for everything they did- Starts @ 6 digits. More often than not there's no appreciation. In fact, it's more about things not tasting right, nor stuff not done on time. Very few men feel the need to equate with women equally @ home. Also, when all the cooking and cleaning is done, then its time to do stuff for others @ home, which they say, 'is out of love'. If it was out of love, wouldn't it be the other way around?

It's almost midnight. I should go do some reading.
My brothers have been awesome so far. When I arrived @ the Abu Dhabi airport, I was so thankful that my brother's were their to carry the suitcases. I guess its still going to be some time before I regain all my strength.. which @ this point just seems to be diminishing...and mummy wouldn't believe that I didnt carry my suitcases @ all.. every year, there's an argument on this exact topic :)

We have 6 washrooms, 3 upstairs, and 3 downstairs. And the colours are all so wrong. Baba said they're going to repaint the entire house once our guests are gone. I guess repainting is good. Starting fresh.. all over again. And you dont know what's beneath the surface, unless you scrape.
So many lessons learnt... what an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home