Mind Reading
While talking to my brother I was trying to ask him something. And he responded,
"What if I tell you that I see it in his eyes? See, you won't believe that!"
For my brother to make a statement like that should not have been a carefree thought. I'm sure he thought about what he said, and really "saw" what he said he "saw"- but I'm not sure.
In our relationships with people it's unbelievable how much we speculate. Even with the closest of our relationships. We think we know our friends inside out. Sometimes they don't say a word, and we know it all, but at other times, their words keep bothering us.
But I often wonder, isn't it as easy, to misjudge what we think others around us are thinking? Their expression could mean something completely opposite, and sometimes when we think they gave away, they essentially were really thinking about what time to pick up laundry?
How can we ever truly know, unless the person confirms their thoughts, because Allah subhana wa ta'ala is the All-Knower?
Our conjectures can very well be wrong, and we can only turn to Allah subhana wa ta'ala and ask Him the reveal that which we deserve to know.

2 Comments:
I agree with seabreeze. It is said that about 76% of our communication is through the body language. About 7% is spoken and the rest is in the tone we use (numbers vary by researcher). So, we can pick a whole lot from the body language but there remains a slight chance that we are mistaken. Slight, but it's there.
That is why confirmation is important. Yet, sometimes we just assume without ever bothering to confirm and without the person about whom we assume ever realizing the need to confirm...
ok guys let's not rip this apart like Seabreeze's poor hungry man :)
I agree with both of you. In fact, it's only human nature to guess what people around you are trying to say. But its those misunderstandings that sometimes raise someone's hopes too high, or crush their hopes.
Post a Comment
<< Home