Sick Kids
Hasbi'Allah wa ni'mal wakeel
My (almost) weekly meetings with the Muslim Chaplain are great eye openers. Everytime I'm reminded, that I need to be a more thankful being, for all that I have, and that there's still a long way to go in my mission for the time I am @ Sick Kids.
This week's meeting was no different.
When we meet, two of my friends with the Muslim Chaplain, he always has case studies for us, of kids in the hospital, his experience with their parents, the stress they go through, the things they talk about, the questions they ask, the tears, the sources of comfort, reliance on Allah, patience, reality of death, reality of facing a death, importance of moving on, community participation, and much more.
This week's case studies involved discussing parents of a child who are from two different countries. Br AT said that people really need to leave out the 'nonsensical things' and make sense in their marriage. You can't point fingers @ your spouse if something went wrong in the delivery process. The new born suffered brain damage @ birth. You have to hold onto hope.
On the 8th floor, in the Hematology and Oncology department, as you walk in, you either see real miracles, or you see people going closer to Allah. Subhanallah.
Br AT's dream is to build a community support that functions like a family. He's been delivering workshops all over on this topic. As we were out the door, he told us to think over 2 (more, on top of the 5 our hands are full with!) projects- One, to organise a mass education session for the hospital staff on racism, dealing with Muslim patients and Islam [Thankfully Wiwit and I already have experience on this one, with the faculty of Social Work], and the second to ... I can't recall.
He saw the look on our faces, and recited three ayahs from the Qur'an, including Surah 'Asr, where Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says:
'innal ladheena aamanu wa 'amilu saalihaati'
The reward is not just for those who believe and practice Islam only, but also for those who turn their beliefs into action and who do good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home