Reflections
I visited the Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (PWA) on Friday afternoon, during my lunch break. I was told that most people who work there are victims of the disease as well. Subhanallah, the place was quite nice- One section had handmade crafts set up, another had glass paintings. I mostly saw men- And they did seem suffering from the disease. I met with the Director of Programs and Services, a very cheerful lady, very helpful. We talked very briefly, because of our time constraints.
PWA has done a lot for the community. They do workshops on teaching people how to live with Aids. They rely a lot on donations- government AID is never enough. They help people get jobs, health services and lots more. There's always a shortage of volunteers, but at the same time, volunteers fall in love with the people and you'll see the same faces for months.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home